North Shore Commercial Door is your go-to place for garage improvements. A high-quality Garage Door Bottom Weather Seal Replacement Kit can counteract the elements, keep dirt out and pests. While the old bottom seal might have been effective, it eventually needs to be replaced. Perhaps you've noticed an accumulation of leaves and wetness entering your garage. Maybe there's evidence of rodents. Even if there isn't a problem no, there could be one eventually if your current weather seal is decaying. This Garage Door Bottom Weather Seal Replacement Kit is advantageous because it:
We know that garage doors are not all the same thickness. In an effort to help you order the best kit for your application we have designed our kits to be used on doors of various thicknesses and widths. We offer 3 different thickness of retainers 1-3/8", 1-3/4", and 2". Then we break it down even further by offering single door kits which consist of enough retainer and seal to do a door up to 9' in width or a double door kit that will cover a door up to 18' in width. If your door is not exactly the size of our kits they can easily be cut down to the size you need. The retainer can be cut with a handsaw and the seal portion can be cut with house hold scissors if needed.
- Has a plastic track mounted to the bottom of the door in which the rubber slides.
- Is available in nine foot and 18 foot total lengths and can be cut to size.
- Is made of a flexible vinyl to conform to uneven floors.
- Is built for extreme temperatures
- Includes the plastic bottom seal retainer and the garage door bottom, four inch "T" vinyl Weather seal.
Our kits come with the retainer and seal shown below:
Garage Door Bottom Replacement Kit Installation Guide:
- Disconnect your garage door opener trolley by using the pull handle. Open the door ¾ of the way and lock it in place by using the vice grips on the garage door rails. Remove old weather seal and track if applicable (Do not remove your bottom brackets with the cable attached!!!!!)
- Pre-Drill holes every 18 inches on the bottom of the Retainers. Next mount the bottom retainers. If you purchased and “L” Shaped retainer; the vertical portion is designed to be mounted on the inside of the garage and you can put a couple screws in that portion if you so desire. Make sure that each section of retainer is tightly fitted together and flush. This will allow the seal to slide in without getting snagged.
- Slide the rubber seal in from the end of the track. You may need to feed it through the rails of the garage door to do this. As you slide the seal in, be sure that the seal is staying in the track. Trim the ends as needed after the seal retracts (it stretches slightly during installation)
QUESTION: Garage floor is slanted for water runoff and the seal on my new door is not thick enough,any ideas? by Bill B 12/4/2016
ANSWER: Its a nice set up for me because the seal for my door was discontinued.Its the best thing I could find but water does come in under the door when it rains hard even with the door adjusted down tight. I just mop the water up. by Marty F a
STAFF ANSWER: Have you tried our threshold seal ? by Taylor M a
REPLY: This actually looks like a good idea,thank you by Bill B r
QUESTION: I measured my door and it is 1 1/2 thick, is it better to order 1 3/8 or 1 3/4 inch retainer? by None N 11/22/2016
STAFF ANSWER: I would use the 1 3/8 by Taylor M a
QUESTION: What is best kit to seal out rain water? I get water from driveway into garage every rain storm. by Richard C 10/14/2016
ANSWER: Yes the kit was easy to install and work well with slightly unlevel concrete I was very happy with the seal and still working good years later. by jack j a
ANSWER: For your driveway is higher than your garage floor, you need a trench drain along the front of your garage. If it's just a little water than the bottom door seal is good as long as you also put a weather strip/lip along the floor that meets it when the door closes by Karl B a
STAFF ANSWER: The ultra rubber would be our best kit. by Taylor M a
QUESTION: Will the replacement kit fit over my existing track? It has funky screws and I've tried all my Allen wrenches and other types of screw drivers. Nothing is the correct size. It's a metal 2" door. by None N 5/29/2016
STAFF ANSWER: the replacement kit does not go over a existing kit. You would have to take the original kit down and install the new kit. by Taylor M a