Liftmaster 8500 RJO Residential jackshaft Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology Part of the Elite Series Openers.
The LiftMaster 8500 Garage Door Opener from North Shore Commercial Door offers a multitude of features. This remote controlled garage door opener is more than a convenience — it enhances safety with remote entry. Installed via wall mount, the LiftMaster 8500 eliminates the noise and wasted space that is common with other remote garage door openers. It has a PowerLock deadbolt system that cannot be opened by force.
When you purchase your LiftMaster 8500 remote controlled garage door opener, you will have the durability, safety and ease of use North Shore Commercial Door products are known for. Our Q&A section on the website will allow you to interact with our staff for any questions and to explain the difference between LiftMaster 3800 and 8500 remotes.In order to install the 8500 on your door it must meet the following Size Requirementst:
Included in the LiftMaster 8500 price are the following features:
- Use a one inch (1") torsion bar
- Have four (4") to six (6") inch cable drums
- Have maximum dimensions of fourteen feet tall (14') by eighteen feet wide (18')
- Be 180 Square Feet or Under
- Have a minimum Track Radius of 12 inches
- Have a maximum weight of 650 Pounds (650 LBS.)
- Have a minimum side clearance of eight inches (8")
- Have a torsion bar that extends at least one to five inches past bracket
- Be a standard lift with track radius between 12" to 32", Be a high lift, Follow the Pitch, or have quick turn brackets with a track radius of 12" or smaller
3-Button Elite® MAX Remote Control (895MAX)MyQ® Control Panel (888LM)
Remote Light 380LM
Power Door Lock 41A6102
- A power cord that measures six feet.
- Quick-Connect terminals to install wires quickly and easily.
- Capabilities for a battery backup in the event that there is a power outage – a model 475LM battery is needed.
- MyQ technology allowing you to turn on the garage and house lights remotely from your smartphone or computer.
- There is a lifetime motor warranty, a five-year parts warranty and a one-year battery backup warranty (model 475LM).
- A 200 watt light with adjustable time delay and the ability to place it anywhere on the garage ceiling.
EverCharge® Standby Power System Liftmaster 475LM
Extension kit Liftmaster 480LM
Alternate Power Source (580LM) Liftmaster 580LM
MyQ Enabled Optional Accessories:
Internet Gateway Liftmaster 828LM
Remote Light Control Liftmaster 825LM
Remote Light Switch Liftmaster 823LM
Garage Door Monitor Liftmaster 829LM
3 Button Remote - Liftmaster 893MAX
Deluxe 3 Button Remote - Liftmaster 895MAX
3 Button Keychain Remote – Liftmaster 890MAX
Wireless Keypad – Liftmaster 877MAX
Lifetime motor warranty
5-year parts warranty
1-year Battery Backup warranty (475LM)
QUESTION: What's the difference between a 3800 and 8500 models ? by None N 2/29/2016
ANSWER: I could not discern any difference from an appearance perspective. The 8500 is apparently the replacement model and a bit more costly, I have one of each and both work very well on 12x14 foot doors. Had great service from North Shore and they had the best pricing that I could find. Thanks. by Guy M a
ANSWER: No difference at all by Charles H a
QUESTION: Is there an option for a light for the wall mount 8500? by Kelly C 1/30/2016
ANSWER: An overhead light comes with it, but aside from that I don't know....sorry by Tracey M a
ANSWER: YES by Margret L a
ANSWER: I'm not sure what you mean. The light is 'wireless' and does not need to connect to the garage door opener but it does need to be plugged in to a regular outlet. You can mount it anywhere within reach of a 120v outlet. by Jeff R a
ANSWER: Yes it come with a wireless wall or ceiling mount light that activates when the door opens and by the wall control motion sensor if you walk into the garage. Works great. by Jeff K a
ANSWER: This comes with a light that is wireless. Just plug it in anywhere you have an outlet. by Bill d a
ANSWER: There is a light included. It is wireless other than plugging into a power outlet. by W I a
ANSWER: A motion sensor light is included. The same approximate size as most standard garage lights. by Darryl G a
QUESTION: how do i program my remote garage door openers after changes the batteries? by krista m 1/24/2016
ANSWER: I'M SORRYBUT I I DONT KNOW, I AM DISABLED AND HAD SOMEONE ELSE DO THE INSTALLATION. I ALSO HAVE THE SAME QUESTION? CAN SOMEONE HELP? by Robert H a
ANSWER: You should not need to. It should stay programmed by John H a
QUESTION: What size shaft is needed for the lift master 8500 ? by Eric F 1/2/2016
ANSWER: 1 inch by bernard c a