LumAware UL Listed Photoluminescent Exit Signs & Safety Products from Tucker Auto-Mation are now available to order directly through North Shore Commercial Door. LumAware (MN8 FoxFire) started in 2010 as a firefighter-owned company selling Photoluminescent products and coatings to firefighters, fire departments, and government entities. LumAware photoluminescent products were developed to assist firefighters in locating each other and their equipment. LumAware is not just a sign or manufacturing company selling products... they are a safety organization delivering innovative solutions to increase safety and reduce costs. Three of the biggest risks faced by firefighters are disorientation, visibility, and accountability (to both individuals and tools). LumAware products assist firefighters in facing these risks by improving positional orientation, making personnel easy to locate and illuminating search areas. LumAware has expanded its product offerings into the industrial and building safety markets developing zero-energy photoluminescent exit signs and exit products, certified by Underwriters Laboratory as NFPA approved replacements for traditional EXIT signs that improve safety and reduce costs. LumAware offers innovative, flexible and UL listed and certified comprehensive solutions for integrating photoluminescence into any building. LumAware products are ideal for use in industrial and environmental settings, commercial or residential buildings, theme parks, stadiums and even underground mines.
In the event of a power failure and when backup systems fail, the safety of your facility's occupants depends on a well-planned exit plan and clear escape route markings. LumAware products are bringing safety to light. They are designed by firefighters for firefighters and those they protect; using the knowledge learned from firefighting practices to make your buildings safer. Traditional EXIT signs using batteries, bulbs, and electricity are costly to maintain and repair. Tucker LumAware Photoluminescent EXIT Signs do not use batteries, electricity, or bulbs and require no maintenance or testing for significant cost savings over electric EXIT signs. The use of Photoluminescent Technology ultimately replaces the aging approach of electrical solutions. Both initial costs of installation and potential ongoing costs of maintenance and repair are reduced or eliminated. New installation cost savings of $250-$400 per sign with no electrical conduit, wiring, or electrician required. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, photoluminescent (PL) Exit Signs are the MOST energy efficient signs available.
Never have to replace another exit sign. LumAware Exit Signs have a 25-year WARRANTY and life expectancy. They are easy-to-install, durable and provide a long, reliable photoluminescent afterglow. LumAware Exit Signs can be recharged indefinitely with as little as 5-foot candles of ambient light (this will always be available anywhere exit lighting is required). LumAware Exit Signs also offer LEED/ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY utilizing energy-free lighting technology. No radioactivity and no hazardous waste (batteries, light bulbs, etc.). These products reduce not only the use of batteries but also electrical energy - much of which is generated by fossil fuels. LumAware signs qualify for 3 different LEED credits (EA, MR, & ID) and are made of a high percentage of recycled and recyclable materials. LumAware products are environmentally friendly and non-toxic. Service and support are readily available through the company's unique relationship with fire professionals offering unique expertise and on-going support. On staff is the former Ohio Fire Marshall along with numerous other certified fire/building inspectors and professionals who are all available to personally assist in working with various fire inspectors and AHJ that would have any questions or concerns with replacing traditional exit signs with LumAware Exit Signs. In addition, there are over 60,00 firefighters using LumAware products Nationwide.
LumAware Exit Signs are designed for surface, flag, and ceiling mount with a thin, low-profile construction. They can be used for both high-level and low-level applications. Tested and approved for low locations. Suitable for floor proximity installation. Tucker LumAware Exit Signs offer visibility of up to 50 feet. They can be field applied directionally with the included Chevron Kit. Brushed aluminum body/stainless steel frame sold separately. Before installation, it must be determined that there is a minimum of 5 Fc of fluorescent light on the face(s) of the sign at all times during building occupancy. LumAware Exit Signs meet NFPA Life Safety Code 101 (standard for EXIT signs), OSHA and International Building and Fire Codes. Listed through UL 924 for the USA and Canada.
***IMPORTANT ORDERING INFORMATION***
Item EG-EXIT-MIR-GR-FM-FC is a SINGLE SIDED, UL Listed MIRRORED LUCITE Exit Sign with RED or GREEN outlined Photoluminescent letters. Size is 8-1/2" X 15-3/4". Frame sold separately. Mounting brackets and Field Applied Chevron Kit (directional arrows) are included.
Item EG-EXIT-MIR-GR-FM-FC is also available as a DOUBLE SIDED sign. The listed price of $280.00 is for the SINGLE SIDED sign only. For the DOUBLE SIDED sign, $196.00 will be added to the listed price.
- Please specify preferred SIGN TYPE by selecting SINGLE SIDED or DOUBLE SIDED +(Add $196.00) from the drop-down menu above
- Please specify preferred LETTER OUTLINE COLOR by selecting RED or GREEN from the drop-down menu above
- Please specify preferred MOUNT DIRECTION by selecting LEFT, RIGHT or TOP from the drop-down menu above
- Item Number: EG-EXIT-MIR-GR-FM-FC
- LumAware A2 UL Listed Photoluminescent Exit Sign
- Constructed of Lucite w/mirrored design & Photoluminescent GREEN lettering
- Size: 8-1/2" X 15-3/4"
- Mounting brackets and Chevron Kit for directional field applications included
- Brushed aluminum body/stainless steel frame sold separately
- Designed for surface, flag, and ceiling mount with a thin, low-profile construction
- Can be used for both high-level and low-level applications (tested and approved for low locations)
- Suitable for floor proximity installation
- Visibility: 50 feet
- Increases visibility and positional orientation
- NFPA approved replacements for traditional EXIT signs that improve safety and reduce costs
- Photoluminescent Technology/Energy-Free Lighting Technology does not require batteries, light bulbs, electricity or testing
- Can be recharged indefinitely with as little as 5-foot candles of ambient light (this will always be available anywhere EXIT lighting is required)
- Can be charged by any light source (the sun, artificial light, low light) and will illuminate for hours)
- Environmentally friendly & sustainable: non-radioactive, non-toxic & no hazardous waste
- Made of a high percentage of recycled and recyclable materials
- Improves safety and reduces energy expenses
- Ideal for use in industrial and environmental settings, commercial or residential buildings, theme parks, stadiums, underground mines & more
- Easy to install, durable and provide a long, reliable photoluminescent afterglow
- Service and support are readily available to assist in working with various fire inspectors and AHJ that would have any questions or concerns with replacing traditional exit signs with LumAware Exit Signs
- 25-year warranty & life expectancy