North Shore Commercial Door Garage Shield garage door threshold weather seal kits is in stock and available for fast shipping. These kits give your garage door a tight seal that helps keep water, dust, leaves and pollen out of the garage. These garage door thresholds have been driven-over tested and they will not crack or shatter. They will also remain flexible from 40 degrees below zero to 150 degrees, making this kit ideal for any climate. This threshold kit meets California Fire Marshall and CPAI-84 requirements for flame resistance and comes with a full two-year warranty.
You can purchase these kits in black and North Shore Commercial Door sells these kits by the foot. If you order 16 feet for example, you will receive 16 feet. During installation, you may find that slight more length is needed, so it may be wise to order a slightly longer piece of sealant. If you have questions before purchasing any products, be sure to contact North Shore as their staff is always happy to assist you.
• Sold by the foot - provide length desired (in feet) in box above
• 3 1/8" in width
• 1/2" in height at tallest point
• Available in black
• Installs easily with provided adhesive and instruction manual
• Will not crack or shatter
• Remains flexible from -40ºF to 150ºF
• Meets California Fire Marshal and CPAI-84 requirements for flame resistance
• Comes with a full 2-year residential warranty
• Manufactured by North Shore Commercial Door
• This product is similar to StormShield Threshold Weatherstripping
• Similar to the Clopay and Sensible Solutions Weather Strip barrier
For other styles of garage door bottom seal, click here
.Installation Instructions for Garage Door Threshold Weather Seal Kit:
- With garage door open, center threshold between the garage door track (the channel the door rollers ride in). Trim to length with utility knife. (The “hump” side should be on the inside side of the door.)
- Lower the garage door on top of the threshold’s 2-inch level strip. Push the 45º hump against the back of the bottom of the garage door. Note: Notch threshold around door jambs, if necessary, to ensure the 45º hump is against the back of the bottom of the garage door.
- With the pencil, mark the inside edges of the threshold on the floor the full length of the threshold (from one door jamb to the other).
- Carefully raise the door (without moving the threshold) and mark the outside edge of the threshold the length of the door.
- Remove the threshold and apply three rows of adhesive the full length of the door between the pencil lines.
- Replace the threshold between the pencil lines and firmly press into place. Carefully apply pressure to the threshold to ensure the adhesive spreads uniformly.
- Inspect the threshold to make sure it is still between the pencil lines. The position can slightly be adjusted for a short period of time. The length of time varies depending on ambient conditions.
- Close the garage door to keep constant pressure on the threshold for twenty four (24) hours. ALLOW AT LEAST 24 HOURS FOR ADHESIVE TO DRY BEFORE DRIVING OVER.
QUESTION: Does this weather strip go under the door with door seal sitting on top of this weather strip or does it go behind the rubber seal of the door?..........please advise by None N 10/17/2016
ANSWER: The low part of the seal goes under the door and the high part goes just to the inside of the door. I had three leaking doors, two on the garage and one on the barn door - now I have no leaks. One thought, I cut my seals a little extra long and notched the ends so that part of the seal could go inside and against the door jambs to make a tighter seal. by Thomas S a
ANSWER: I am ashamed to say I have not installed my weather strip yet. I believe I have the instructions though, if you can wait until tomorrow or the next day for me to locate them and send them to you . by Patty P a
ANSWER: The rubber seal of the door sits on top of this weather stripping, which is glued to the floor. The weather stripping is taperedwith a raised edge so that any water or dirt if blocked from blowing in between the seal. by Jason P a
ANSWER: There is a ridge on the strip and the seal makes contact behind the ridge with the other half visible from inside the garage when the door is closed. Just finished with Matthew here in N.C. and not a drop of water in my garage. Little suspicious you are asking me to advise a customer about installation but that's how it works. by Guy C a
QUESTION: how many feet on a full role and is there a better price for the full role ? by michael c 9/14/2016
STAFF ANSWER: Please send an email to Taylor@Northshorecommercialdoor.com by Taylor M a
QUESTION: Does the kit come with the adhesive sufficient to glue 20 feet of seal? by Bill D 6/15/2016
ANSWER: Yes, If you do the "S" Shape all the way down to the end of the stripe you will have more than enought by Marquis H a
ANSWER: Yes by Laurie Y a
ANSWER: I was able to do the 2 does I had with it. by Vickie Y a
ANSWER: yes by edward m a
ANSWER: Yes by Randy K a
ANSWER: I purchased this door seal in the 18 ft. length and I had plenty of seal so I would think you would also. I put this down 2 years ago and the sealant is as solid as a rock. It is also an easy installation. Just put the door down onto the seal and adjust it properly and then mark the outline of the seal with a black marker. After you install the seal run the door down onto it and leave it for several hours and that is it. by larry m a
STAFF ANSWER: Yes it does. by Taylor M a
QUESTION: whats the thickness ? by Cathrine A 5/5/2016
ANSWER: I apologize for the delayed reply. We are currently at our home in upstate NY. We installed the weather seal kit strip at our home in Idaho. As a result I don't have access to the extra piece of weather seal to measure the thickness of it. We won't e back in Idaho until mid-June and will be glad to measure it then if that would help. by Richard P a
ANSWER: Not sure of thickness. But it works great. Directions were good, told me what to do. I installed it by my self. t is a god quality product. by Vickie Y a
ANSWER: 1/2". Works great. I used it for my lawn mower storage shed. It definitly keeps the rain out. Highly recemend this product. by Micky P a
ANSWER: The thickness is higher in the middle and tapers down on either side down to about a little over an eighth of an inch. In the middle I would say the thickness is about 1/2 inch or slightly less.<br />I will say this is one of the best things I have ever done to seal the area at the bottom of the door when you close it. The glue that comes with the kit is perfect, I hose my garage out even in the wintertime and the seal is as good today as the day I installed it. Installation only takes less than an hour. Since I put mine in I have installed this product at my sons home on both of his garage doors. by larry m a