North Shore Commercial Door Garage Shield garage door threshold weather seal kits is in stock and available for fast shipping. These kits give your garage door a tight seal that helps keep water, dust, leaves and pollen out of the garage. These garage door thresholds have been driven-over tested and they will not crack or shatter. They will also remain flexible from 40 degrees below zero to 150 degrees, making this kit ideal for any climate. This threshold kit meets California Fire Marshall and CPAI-84 requirements for flame resistance and comes with a full two-year warranty.
You can purchase these kits in black and North Shore Commercial Door sells these kits by the foot. If you order 16 feet for example, you will receive 16 feet. During installation, you may find that slight more length is needed, so it may be wise to order a slightly longer piece of sealant. If you have questions before purchasing any products, be sure to contact North Shore as their staff is always happy to assist you.
• Sold by the foot - provide length desired (in feet) in box above
• 3 1/8" in width
• 1/2" in height at tallest point
• Available in black
• Installs easily with provided adhesive and instruction manual
• Will not crack or shatter
• Remains flexible from -40ºF to 150ºF
• Meets California Fire Marshal and CPAI-84 requirements for flame resistance
• Comes with a full 2-year residential warranty
• Manufactured by North Shore Commercial Door
• This product is similar to StormShield Threshold Weatherstripping
• Similar to the Clopay and Sensible Solutions Weather Strip barrier
For other styles of garage door bottom seal, click here
.Installation Instructions for Garage Door Threshold Weather Seal Kit:
- With garage door open, center threshold between the garage door track (the channel the door rollers ride in). Trim to length with utility knife. (The “hump” side should be on the inside side of the door.)
- Lower the garage door on top of the threshold’s 2-inch level strip. Push the 45º hump against the back of the bottom of the garage door. Note: Notch threshold around door jambs, if necessary, to ensure the 45º hump is against the back of the bottom of the garage door.
- With the pencil, mark the inside edges of the threshold on the floor the full length of the threshold (from one door jamb to the other).
- Carefully raise the door (without moving the threshold) and mark the outside edge of the threshold the length of the door.
- Remove the threshold and apply three rows of adhesive the full length of the door between the pencil lines.
- Replace the threshold between the pencil lines and firmly press into place. Carefully apply pressure to the threshold to ensure the adhesive spreads uniformly.
- Inspect the threshold to make sure it is still between the pencil lines. The position can slightly be adjusted for a short period of time. The length of time varies depending on ambient conditions.
- Close the garage door to keep constant pressure on the threshold for twenty four (24) hours. ALLOW AT LEAST 24 HOURS FOR ADHESIVE TO DRY BEFORE DRIVING OVER.