You try to keep your property in great condition and that extends to your garage. Occasionally, however, the elements or rodents can cause your garage to decline. In order to prevent that, North Shore Commercial Door provides customers with the Ultra Rubber Garage Door Bottom Weather Seal Replacement Kit. A seal is a necessary item at the bottom of your garage door to control heating costs, battle the elements and prevent pests from entering.
Benefits of this replacement kit include:
- Flexible EPDM synthetic rubber will conform to an uneven floor.
- Air will be sealed out and the rubber remains flexible to minus-50 degrees.
- It can be used for all brands of garage doors.
- It is easy to install.
• 9' Kit Includes 2ea 4'6" sections of Retainer and one 9' roll of Xcluder Seal & mounting screws
• 18' Kit Includes 4ea 4'6" Sections of Retainer and one 18' roll of Xcluder Seal & mounting screws
• Seal is 4 inches in width laid flatWe know that garage doors are not all the same thickness. In an effort to help you order the best kit for your application we have designed our kits to be used on doors of various thicknesses and widths. We offer 3 different thickness of retainers 1-3/8", 1-3/4", and 2". Then we break it down even further by offering single door kits which consist of enough retainer and seal to do a door up to 9' in width or a double door kit that will cover a door up to 18' in width. If your door is not exactly the size of our kits they can easily be cut down to the size you need. The retainer can be cut with a handsaw and the seal portion can be cut with house hold scissors if needed.
QUESTION: Can I buy just rail ? by Tom S 5/8/2017
ANSWER: Don't know. I bought two complete kits and they look great and work great. Mice ate the original ones that were on the door, but in two years they haven't bothered these. They seal great even in the Maine winters. by Paul V a
STAFF ANSWER: Yes you can just give us a call. 800-783-6112 by Taylor M a
ANSWER: I ordered the kit I needed all parts so I really don't know if they sell just the rail by Tammi H a
QUESTION: Is the retainer that holds the rubber seal made of plastic or metal ? by Terry R 3/30/2017
ANSWER: Mine came with aluminum. Won't rust. You will be happy with this door seal. by Greg W a
ANSWER: The retainer is a metal piece. I was very pleased with the quality of the product. I installed this two years and the quality has proven to be excellent by Gary E a
ANSWER: Aluminum. by Jeff D a
QUESTION: What is the largest gap it will fill? I have barn style sliding doors that have a large gap between them and the ground. by Cindy R 11/20/2016
ANSWER: A gap of 1/2-inch for a seal. A gap 3/4 to 1 inch to shut out the light. NOTE: Surfaces must be parallel. by Willis H a
ANSWER: I have a 16' Wayne Dalton Roll Down Garage Door. I had a good 1/2" gap approx 3'long on each side. I purchased the Ultra Rubber Garage Door Bottom Seal Kit hoping it was the cure all. I really like the seal and the ease of the installation. It wan't enough to overcome the gaps, although it did close it up some. I ended up purchasing a Tsunami Seal Threshold Kit, this along with the Ultra Rubber Seal took care of my problem. Hope this helps you out. Good luck with your project. by Lewis P a
ANSWER: I wish I could be more helpful with regard to your question the only thing I can attest to is that the products I used were high quality and instalation was easy. The company would have to help you with the size gap you need to close. They are very helpful. by Frederick j a
ANSWER: I would say it would fill a gap around a inch wide. This is a very durable product and well worth the money. by Rhonda E a
QUESTION: Screw into door ? by None N 9/4/2016
STAFF ANSWER: Yes this will. by Taylor M a